Wurli Wurlinjang Health Service is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation delivering primary and clinical health care services to the Aboriginal people in Katherine and surrounding communities.
Wurli prides itself on delivering a range of health services to the community in a style and manner that makes clients feel welcome and comfortable. Wurli operates a range of clinics and provides a range of services that require primary health care to be delivered by Registered Aboriginal Health Practitioners. This includes main clinic (acute and general care), Gudbinji chronic disease clinic, Binjari health clinic, women and children’s health and men’s health.
Wurli has opportunities available now for both experienced and recently qualified Registered Aboriginal Health Practitioners (RAHP’s) that are keen to join a team passionate about moving forward as one, to heal our people and improve our health. If you’re looking for an opportunity to expand on your current skill set, and develop a long-lasting career with a dedicated community organisation, this is your chance!
The ORVAC RAHP role is a combined research and clinical administration role. The ORVAC study is an adaptive clinical trial evaluating the immunological and clinical effects of administering a third (booster) dose of oral rotavirus vaccine to Northern Territory Aboriginal children 6 to 11 months old. At Wurli, the research component of the ORVAC RACHP role includes pre-screening activities – confirming contact details and eligibility for potential ORVAC participants as per the study protocol; and medical record review for enrolled ORVAC participants – providing details of clinic presentations with gastroenteritis
A fantastic range of further benefits include:
- Salary sacrificing options
- Generous leave entitlements (6 weeks annual leave, 15 days personal leave, 1 week special leave, study leave)
- Relocation assistance and a short term accommodation allowance is available for eligible applicants to help you get settled
- Strong focus on professional development, Wurli will provide you with ongoing training opportunities and will invest in whatever is needed for your success
For further details regarding this position please refer to the Position Profile
Applications can be submitted online or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure your application includes:-
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (cv)
- a cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate (CPR)
- Current AHPRA registration
- Current National Police Certificate (no less than 3 months from issue date)
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s License
- Current Working with Children’s Clearance (Ochre Card)
Closing Date: 30th of December, 2023