Tackling Indigenous Smoking (TIS) Program
The Tackling Indigenous Smoking (TIS) program focuses on population health promotion activities to prevent the uptake of smoking, promoting smoking cessation (stop smoking), and reducing exposure to second-hand smoke.
The following are priorities needing to be addressed by the Tackling Indigenous Smoking program:
- Smoking during pregnancy
- Preventing the uptake of smoking among children and young adults
Funded by the Australian Government through the Commonwealth Department of Health
What to see us for
The Tackling Indigenous Smoking team is the best program to contact for help with any of the following (and more):
- Culturally appropriate quit support
- To establish, maintain or improve workplace smoke-free policy and smoke-free areas
- Partnership with community organisations to support TIS activities and events
- School and community group education sessions
- Tobacco related health promotion resources
How to contact us
Please call main reception on 8972 9100 or freecall 1800 987 547 and ask to speak to a member of the TIS team.