Women’s & Children’s Health Program
The Women’s & Children’s Team’s focus is firmly on providing a healthy beginning to life.
This team covers two very important programs:
The Women’s program is the best place for women to come for any of the following (and more):
- a well women’s check-up and PAP smears;
- advice on family planning and contraception;
- antenatal health care for pregnant women;
- breastfeeding support;
- privacy in screening and treating Sexually Transmitted Infections; and;
- any women’s health business.
The Child Health program is the best place for both men and women to bring children for any of the following (and more):
- Developmental checks;
- Parental support;
- Early childhood nutrition; and;
- Babies and small children’s immunisations
Please note: sick children should go straight to Main Clinic
Men are very welcome to bring their children along to the Children’s Health program
Our Women’s and Children’s Health Program is funded by the Australian Government through the New Directions programme; and the Northern Territory Government through the Department of Health.
Monday: 8:30 am – 4pm
Tuesday: 8:30 am – 4pm
Women’s Antenatal care
Wednesday: 8:30 am – 11:30am
Thursday: 8:30 am to 4pm
Friday: 8:30 am to 4pm
How to see us
You can come to the Women’s & Children’s Health Centre at 21 Third Street.
You can phone 89 729 118 and ask to be picked up and brought in to see our health care staff.
Call the clinic to find out if there are any appointments available.
We will send out reminder letters and messages to you when you or your children are due for an appointment or other type of follow up care
- We do schoole screening throughout the school year
- We do community visits