Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation delivering primary health care services to Aboriginal people living in and within a 40km radius of Katherine.
Wurli prides itself on delivering a range of health services to the community in a style and manner that makes clients feel welcome and comfortable.
Wurli operates a range of clinics and provides a range of primary health care and other services which include Main Clinic (acute and general care), Gudbinji Chronic Disease Clinic, Women and Children’s Health, StrongBala Men’s Health, and Binjari Health Clinic.
The roles of the dental practitioner will be:
- To provide a primary oral health clinic at Wurli.
- To implement, in conjunction with the Clinical Leadership Team, innovative systems to support the delivery of oral health services to ATSI clients of WWHS, including relevant infection control protocols and access to dental funding (eg Children’s Benefit Scheme), Healthy Smiles Program.
- To provide high quality comprehensive clinical services across the lifespan to primarily ATSI clients. This will include competence in acute and more complex clinical cases such as clients with multiple co-morbidities.
- To contribute to planning and evaluation and reporting in relation to Wurli oral health services
- To provide high level clinical advice to the Senior Medical Officer and Clinical Leadership Team.
- To participate as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
In addition to the annual salary our enterprise agreement provides for other additional terms and conditions of employment such as :-
- Based in Katherine, NT.
- Six weeks annual leave plus leave loading per annum
- One weeks paid special leave per annum
- Fifteen days personal leave per annum
- Very generous salary packaging arrangements available
- Training and career development opportunities including paid study leave provisions after 12 months service
- Relocation assistance (available for *eligible applicants) *eligible applicants means not residing in or within a 100 km radius of Katherine.
Degree in Dentistry registerable with the Dental Board of Australia (DBA) in the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
General Registration as Dentist with DBA
Minimum of three (3) years’ postgraduate experience in an Australian dental practice
Well-developed verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills
Demonstrated experience working in a cross-cultural environment
For further details regarding this position please refer to the Position Profile _Dental Practitioner
Please ensure your application includes:-
- a completed online Employment Application Form
- current resume of curriculum vitae (cv)
- a cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
- current National Police Certificate (not less than 3 months old from date of issue)
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 08 8972 9129 or email email@example.com