Health Promotion Program
The health promotion coordinator works with all of Wurli’s program areas to plan, implement and evaluate high quality and culturally relevant activities and campaigns in various settings including the clinics, schools, and the community to maximise positive health outcomes.
The Wurli Wurlinjang board has asked the program to address the priority topics of:
- healthy lifestyle choices, benefits of eating good food and exercise
- dangers of smoking and tobacco
- pregnancy and smoking and the effects on the unborn baby
- diabetes information
What to see us for
The Health Promotion Unit is the best program to contact for help with any of the following (and more):
- National awareness campaign activities and events
- Health promotion information and activities at public venues
- Health promotion linkage with other Wurli programs, for example clinical programs
- Partnerships with sporting codes and other community organisations
- School visits and information sessions
We have many great, culturally appropriate resources to help support health promotion messages.
Are you trying to Quit Smoking?
Please come to any of our clinics and ask to talk to a health professional about how they can help you quit
You can also contact the Quitline on 13 78 48