Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service (WWHS) is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation that prides itself on delivering a range of health services to the community in a style and manner that makes clients feel welcome and comfortable. WWHS operates a range of clinics and provides a range of primary health care and other services which include our Main Clinic (acute and general care), Gudbinji Chronic Disease Clinic, Binjari Health Centre, Women and Children’s Health, Men’s Health, and a Dental Clinic.
The Hearing for Learning initiative is a community-based approach.
The primary aim of the initiative is to reduce ear disease and hearing loss among Aboriginal children in the NT, to help children with their language development, and to learn well at school.
The Ear Health Facilitators will support children and their families to have regular ear health checks and to attend for hearing screening. They will work with health professionals so that children with ear and hearing problems are checked properly and have a follow up plan.
- Successful completion of the Hearing for Learning Training Program
- Live in Community and identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Ability to work under broad direction and with a team of people from different cultures
- Able to use local language(s) and English both in talking and in writing
You will need:
- Current National Police Certificate (no less than 3 months from issue date
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s Licence
- Current Working with Children’s Clearance (Ochre Card)
A fantastic range of further benefits include:
- Salary sacrificing options
- Generous leave entitlements (6 weeks annual leave, 15 days personal leave, 1 week special leave, study leave);
For Further details regarding this position please refer to the Position Profile Ear Health Facilitator
To apply for this job please submit your online application or email email@example.com
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 08 8972 9129 or email firstname.lastname@example.org