The role of a clinic receptionist is to effectively contribute to the smooth and efficient functioning of the allocated Wurli Health clinic by providing high quality reception and administration support to the patients and clinical staff and related service staff in the day to day operation of the Wurli clinic and related services.
The clinic receptionist is required to undertake all duties in a caring, respectful and supportive manner and provide an exceptional standard of care to all patients at all times.
This is a part time position, 3 days a week, as per Binjari opening hours.
Whilst qualifications are not essential, we are seeking an individual who can demonstrate:
- A Service –user focus: Committed to and acts for well-being of all service users (internal and external)
- Organised, punctual and reliable
- Sound knowledge of and respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Culture
- Sounds skills and knowledge of office and reception administrative functions
- Intermediate computer skills including the ability to use MS Office Suite (including Outlook) and Communicare or equivalent systems
For more information regarding the position specifics please review the Position Profile
Applications can be submitted online or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure your application includes:-
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (cv)
- Current National Police Certificate (no less than 3 months from issue date)
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s Licence
- Current Working with Children’s Clearance (Ochre Card)
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 8972 9129.