10 May Transport Officer – Connecting Pathways Initiative – NEW PROGRAM
Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation delivering primary and clinical health care services to the Aboriginal people in Katherine and surrounding communities. Wurli prides itself on delivering a range of health and wellbeing services to the community in a style and manner that makes clients feel welcome and comfortable. Services include acute and general care, chronic disease, men’s health, alcohol and other drugs, social and emotional wellbeing and client support services.
The Connecting Pathways Initiative is a program designed to deliver a holistic healing activity that supports local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women, men, young people, children and their families, including grandparents and carers, who are, or at risk of, experiencing family violence to heal from all forms of family violence.
Wurli Wurlinjang Health Service is currently seeking an individual, preferably with an LR drivers licence to join our patient services team in the position Transport Officer.
The Transport Officer position is a pivotal role in the delivery of health and wellbeing services and provides a professional linkage between Wurli, Individuals, Families and Communities to establish and maintain positive relationships.
The role is required to deliver transport services for identified clients within Katherine and surrounding Communities in a culturally safe manner and to act as a role model for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people by modelling appropriate healthy lifestyle behaviours within a harm minimisation and reduction framework.
Key duties of the role include:
- Provide client liaison services between Wurli and clinic / program ensuring timely delivery of client appointment letters and other associated information from Wurli
- In a culturally sensitive manner, and where required, communicate the purpose of the correspondence, pending appointment to ensure the client understands the purpose of their visit
- Provide transport services (pick up and drop off) to Wurli clinics /program areas, hospital, government services and other localities as required and /or directed
- Liaise regularly with the patient services team to ensure priorities of service are met and clients located as needed
- Drive vehicles in a safe and appropriate manner ensuring the safety of clients and adherence to the road rules.
- Complete daily vehicle pre-start inspection checklists
- Maintain vehicles to a clean and operationally safe standard
- Report vehicle maintenance concerns promptly
- Manage client’s behaviour during transport in accordance with the safety and duty of care standards
Pre requisites for the position include:
- Current Northern Territory Light Rigid (LR) Driver’s License
- National Police Record Check (not less than 3 months old); and
- Working with Children’s Clearance.
For more information regarding the position specifics please review the Position Profile _ Position Profile _Transport Officer
Please ensure your application includes:-
- Completed Employment Application Form
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (cv)
- a cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
To apply for this job please submit your online application to AnglicareNT at https://www.anglicare-nt.org.au/careers/.