08 Dec Tackling Indigenous Smoking (TIS) Coordinator
Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service is seeking a suitably qualified individual in primary health care to join our team as the Tackling Indigenous Smoking (TIS) Coordinator. Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation delivering primary health care services to the Aboriginal people in Katherine and surrounding communities. Wurli prides itself on delivering a range of health and wellbeing services to the community in a style and manner that makes clients feel welcome and comfortable.
The Tackling Indigenous Smoking program is a part of the Wurli Strategic plan and vision to develop and deliver a holistic approach to health across all areas of the organisation for the Katherine Community
The Tacking Indigenous Smoking (TIS) Coordinator will be required to work in a collaborative manner across the Primary Health Care Service and Community Services sector of our business to provide effective harm reduction, cessation and education regarding tobacco use to our people. This role will be responsible for the fostering of a culture of no smoking across the organisation and the development and implementation of effective interventions and capacity building strategies in accordance with the priority health and wellbeing issues within the Katherine Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
We are looking for a “NON SMOKER” who has a minimum of 5 years’ Health Promotions or Public Health experience and preferably previous experience with starting a new program from the ground up. The successful applicant will need to demonstrate:-
- Sound knowledge of Health Promotions and or Public Health
- Sound knowledge and understanding of indigenous societies and culture, including issues effecting indigenous people in contemporary Australian Society and knowledge of Katherine and surrounding communities
- A high level of communication skills and a demonstrated willingness and ability to represent the organisation externally, including managing and developing essential stakeholder relationships and partnerships
- Evidence of the essential qualifications for this position, those being a Certificate and or post graduate qualifications and or similar qualifications.
Wurli Wurlinjang Health Service offers a supportive and team orientated work environment and is committed to supporting professional development for their employees. In return for your commitment and dedication to our team you will receive an attractive base salary (negotiable based on your experience and qualifications) plus superannuation.
For more information regarding the position specifics please review the Position Profile _ (Position Profile _TIS Coordinator)
Please ensure your application includes:-
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (cv)
- a cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
- Current National Police Certificate (no less than 3 months from issue date)
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s Licence
- Current Working with Children’s Clearance (Ochre Card)
To apply for this job please submit your online application.