14 Apr Support Worker – SEWB
The Wurli Social and Emotional Wellbeing team aims to achieve better outcomes in early intervention, treatment and management of mental health and alcohol and drug issues for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people through an integrated approach in a primary health care setting. The role requires the delivery of high level psychological services to clients who are self-referred or referred by a provider, that contribute to the delivery of culturally appropriate social and wellbeing activities that incorporate community development, engagement and clinical components.
The Support Worker is responsible for providing a culturally sensitive support and assistance to our clients in order to improve their social and emotional wellbeing. Key components of the role will include assisting individuals, by addressing the obstacles that have impacted on their quality of life, as well as providing advocacy, support and linkages to other services to ensure the individual can access better health care, counselling and connection with family and country. A support worker at this level is expected to assist and provide effective case management, while working in partnership with individuals to achieve their goals and improve the safety and stability.
Wurli is looking for a suitable motivate individual who can demonstrate:-
- Certificate III in Family Wellbeing / Community Services or equivalent experience
- An Ability to develop and cultivate sound community and client relationships and communicate sensitively and effectively with Indigenous people
- Sound awareness of basic case management principles
- Intermediate computer skills including the ability to use MS Office Suite (including Outlook) and Communicare or equivalent systems
Pre requisites for the position include:
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s License
- National Police Record Check (not less than 3 months old); and
- Working with Children’s Clearance.
For more information regarding the position specifics please review the Position Profile _ (Position Profile _Support Worker_Level 1-2_Generic)
Applications can be submitted online or to . Please ensure your application includes:-
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (cv)
- a cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
- Current National Police Certificate (no less than 3 months from issue date)
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s Licence
- Current Working with Children’s Clearance (Ochre Card)
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 8972 9195.