07 Sep Suicide Prevention Worker
The Wurli Social and Emotional WellBeing (SEWB) team aims to achieve better outcomes in early intervention, treatment and management of mental health and for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people through an integrated approach in a primary health care setting. The SEWB project is designed to deliver intervention service, prevention and promotion of social and emotionally health lifestyles.
The role of the Suicide Prevention Worker is responsible for providing non-clinical, assertive outreach, follow-up care and practical support to individuals directly after a suicide attempt, improve response, treatment and provide early support for clients with suicidal behaviours, for individuals and engagement with families and support networks. The role will require you to work closely with case managers and other Community Services employee’s in order to deliver the best possible comprehensive service to clients and their families.
- Work closely with referral sources to identify clients who require assertive follow up following serious suicide attempt
- Provide rapid response to individuals referred
- Assess, implement and develop evidence-based, best-practice interventions including but not limited to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy, and Motivational Interviewing, to promote improved psychological function
For further details regarding this position please refer to the Position Profile _ Suicide Prevention Worker position profile
Applications can be submitted online or to . Please ensure your application includes:-
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (cv)
- a cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
- Current National Police Certificate (no less than 3 months from issue date)
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s Licence
- Current Working with Children’s Clearance (Ochre Card)
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 8972 9129.
To apply for this job please visit www.wurli.org.au.