01 Oct Registered Nurse
Wurli clinics and primary health care programs are staffed with a range of professionals including Registered Aboriginal Health Practitioner, General Practitioners, Registered Nurses and other Allied Health Professionals. Our multidisciplinary teams are empowered to provide holistic client centered care and are a team of passionate individuals who are keen to make a difference.
We currently have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse who is passionate about making a difference for our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community in Katherine, NT. As part of the primary health care team you will be responsible for delivering safe, high-quality clinical services, patient care, health promotion and education. Primary health care is directed and in line with the CARPA standard treatment manual and applicable legislation and regulations. Depending on the clinic and / or program service area Wurli nurses may be required to triage, assess clients, provide care planning, perform health screening assessment, , administer medication, provide immunisations, assist with GP procedures as required and provide for other primary health care needs within your scope of practice and expertise and . Our Registered Nurses are seen as pivotal in improving health outcomes for our community by contributing to and enhancing the management and prevention of poor health and providing mentor and clinical support training to other team members.
Key Features of the Role:-
- Based in Katherine, Northern Territory
- An Aboriginal Controlled Community Health Organisation
- Work alongside a dedicated and passionate multi-disciplinary team who focus not only on acute care but prevention.
- Rural town based services that do not require excessive travel nor on call services
- An ordinary working week of 37.5 hours; Monday to Friday
- Committed to supporting continued professional development
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:-
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Current AHPRA Registration
- Current Criminal History Check
- Working with Children Clearance
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in clinical nursing practice
- Previous experience in working in a cross cultural service environment, particularly in Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander health care
For further details regarding this position please refer to the Position Profile _Registered Nurse Level 3
Applications for this opportunity can be submitted online or to
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 8972 9195.
Whilst we do not require applicants to address specific selection criteria we do ask applicants to ensure that their resume and supporting cover letter contain information that addresses the key requirements of the role. Applicants must be fully registered to practice in Australia, via AHPRA, and provide evidence of their AHPRA registration and qualifications with their submitted application.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.