31 May Registered Aboriginal Health Practitioner (Pharmacy)
Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service, Katherine has an agreement with Katherine Chemist Pty Ltd for the provision of medications, medical consumables, dose administration aids and quality use of medicines pharmacy services. As part of the agreement Wurli will be employing a Registered Aboriginal Health Practitioner to deliver a range of pharmacy based services.
This position will be based at the Terrace Pharmacy and will be responsible for delivering safe, high-quality pharmacy services, patient care, health promotion and education to the customers of the pharmacy. The successful practitioner will be required to provide cultural brokerage between patients and non-indigenous pharmacy staff and to provide culturally safe and appropriate advice and support in order to contribute to better health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
An overview of the pharmacy services this position will provide may include, but are not limited to:-
- Providing a culturally responsive link between pharmacy staff and indigenous clients requiring medicines dispensed.
- In conjunction with the pharmacist, ensure all clients understand the purpose of, possible side effects of and particulars of the use of supplied or dispensed medications.
- To provide cross cultural education and guidance to other pharmacy staff in the day to day provision of pharmacy services to indigenous clients
- To complete or assist in completion of all documentation and records management associated with the role of RAHP based in a pharmacy
- In conjunction with senior pharmacist , primary health services manager and DMS contribute to the development of this new position
For more information regarding the position specifics please review the Position Profile _ Registered Aboriginal Health Practitioner Pharmacy.
Applications / Expressions of interest for this opportunity can be submitted online or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure your application includes:-
- A current resume of curriculum vitae (cv)
- a cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 8972 9195.
Applicant must be fully registered as an ATSI Primary Health Practitioner with Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and completed a minimum one year post graduate experience in a community controlled health service
To apply for this job please visit www.wurli.org.au.