23 Jun Community Liaison Officer – Indigenous identified position
The Community Liaison Officer position is a pivotal role in the delivery of health and wellbeing services in a range of programs at Wurli and provides a professional linkage between Wurli, individuals, families and communities to establish and maintain positive relationships.
The role is required to deliver culturally appropriate support for identified clients within the Katherine and surrounding communities in accordance with the relevant program / service outcomes and act as a role model for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people by modelling appropriate healthy lifestyle behaviours within a harm minimisation and reduction framework.
An example of some of the duties to be performed include:
- Provide client liaison services between Wurli and clinic / program ensuring timely delivery of client appointment letters and other associated information from Wurli
- Liaise regularly with the patient travel & Covid Care at Home team to ensure priorities of service are met and clients located as needed
- Ensure all documentation, records management and the health information system database are maintained and completed in accordance with established standards policies and protocols to ensure continuity of care.
Whilst qualifications are not essential, we are seeking an individual who can demonstrate:-
- Sound knowledge of Katherine and the surrounding communities we service
- Punctual and reliable
- Sound knowledge of and respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Culture
- Sounds skills and knowledge of office and reception administrative functions
- Sound knowledge of use, application and troubleshooting of standard office equipment
- Current National Police Records Check and Working with Children’s Clearance
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s License
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
For further details regarding this position please refer to the position profile Position Profile _Community Liaison Officer_Approved
Applications for this opportunity can be submitted online or to . Please ensure your application includes:-
- a completed online Employment Application Form
- current resume of curriculum vitae (cv)
- cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
- National Police Certificate (not less than 3 months old)
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 8972 9195.
To apply for this job please visit www.wurli.org.au.