03 Nov Program Coordinator – AOD
Wurli is seeking a suitable applicant to coordinate our Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) Program. The AOD Management program is funded to deliver and alcohol and other drug service targeting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people residing in the Katherine region and their families. The service is required to promote individual and community wellbeing and reduce substance abuse through the provision of holistic, culturally appropriate alcohol and other drug harm minimisation, education, treatment, rehabilitation and after care services.
The Program Coordinator role is responsible for the operational delivery, monitoring, and reporting of the program, and undertaking Caseloads, in accordance with the Project funding agreement. The Coordinator is accountable for the daily supervision of the service team in accordance with policies, procedures, standards, contracts and legislation. In addition to this the coordinator, in conjunction with their senior manager is required to work collaboratively with key stakeholders, including the NT Alcohol and Other Drugs Workforce Support Unit and the Kalano Alcohol Rehabilitation Centre to ensure a coordinated and integrated approach to the management of AOD in the community.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:-
- Diploma in Community Sector Management / Diploma in Counselling or Social Services or equivalent experience
- An ability and commitment to supervise and lead a small team
- Previous experience with coordinating and delivering a high quality service within specified parameters
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies and culture, including issues effecting communities
For more information regarding the position specifics please review the Position Profile _ (Position Profile _ Program Coordinator (AOD)_Approved)
Applications can be submitted online or to . Please ensure your application includes:-
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (cv)
- a cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
- Current National Police Certificate (no less than 3 months from issue date)
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s Licence
- Current Working with Children’s Clearance (Ochre Card)
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
Indigenous and/or Torres Strait Islander persons are encouraged to apply
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 8972 9195.