17 Jan Primary Health Care Systems Manager
Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service (WWHS) is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation that prides itself on delivering a range of health services to the community in a style and manner that makes clients feel welcome and comfortable. WWHS operates a range of clinics and provides a range of primary health care and other services which include our Main Clinic (acute and general care), Gudbinji Chronic Disease Clinic, Binjari Health Centre, Women and Children’s Health, Men’s Health, and a Dental Clinic.
We also deliver Community Service programs which aim to achieve better outcomes in early intervention, treatment, and management through an integrated approach in a primary health care setting like our Alcohol and Other Drugs Program, Social and Emotional Wellbeing program, Katherine Individual Support Program, and our Strong Indigenous Families program.
As well as providing Clinical and Community Services WWHS also provides Professional Development and Training, as well as Corporate Services being: Human Resources, Finance, Infrastructure, Work Health and Safety, Compliance, Grants and Communications and Administration Support.
The PHC Systems Manager is responsible for management and oversight of systems and structures to ensure the delivery of efficient, effective, and culturally appropriate primary health care services to our clients. This position is accountable for risk management, accreditation/compliance, and effective client care coordination through ensuring structures and systems for comprehensive health care are well designed and implemented
KEY FEATURES OF THE ROLE
Oversight and Management of the following key functional areas of Primary Health Care (PHC) in consultation with other PHC leaders: –
- PHC Systems Design
- Risk Management (Compliance, Accreditation and CQI)
- Health Promotion
- Clinical Consultants/Contractors
- PHC System Design
In addition to the annual salary our enterprise agreement provides for other additional terms and conditions of employment such as :-
- Based in Katherine, NT.
- Six weeks annual leave plus leave loading per annum
- One weeks paid special leave per annum
- Fifteen days personal leave per annum
- Very generous salary packaging arrangements available
- Training and career development opportunities including paid study leave provisions after 12 months service
- Relocation assistance (available for *eligible applicants)
- Accommodation Assistance Subsidy for 12 weeks (available for *eligible applicants).
*eligible applicants means not residing in or within a 100 km radius of Katherine.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Demonstrated knowledge of Australian health care standards and legislative frameworks
- Demonstrated experience with Communicare in terms of system usage
- Previous experience with policy and procedure development in a health service
- Previous senior leadership role in a community-controlled organisation with a clear understanding of the obligations of the funding, organisational governance, clinical governance, and systems to support quality, client focused and compliant primary health care
- Demonstrated knowledge of current issues, standards and trends and relevant legislation guiding clinical practice in the delivery of mental health and social and emotional wellbeing services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
For further details regarding this position please refer to the Position Profile _Primary Health Care Systems Manager
Please ensure your application includes:-
- A completed online Employment Application Form
- Current resume of curriculum vitae (cv)
- A cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
- Current National Police Certificate (not less than 3 months old from date of issue)
- Ochre Card
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
To apply for this job please submit your online application.
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 08 8972 9129 or email