10 Nov Outreach Services Coordinator – NEW POSITION
Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service (WWHS) is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation that prides itself on delivering a range of health services to the community in a style and manner that makes clients feel welcome and comfortable.
WWHS operates a range of clinics and provides a range of primary health care and other services which include our Main Clinic (acute and general care), Gudbinji Chronic Disease Clinic, Binjari Health Centre, Women and Children’s Health, Men’s Health, and a Dental Clinic.
The Outreach Services Coordinator position is responsible for the coordination and delivery of high-quality primary/acute care, clinical programs and outreach services in business and afterhours to the clients of Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service (Wurli). Specifically, this includes coordination of Specialist clinic visits, Outreach and After-Hours services, Binjari Clinic, and ITC services.
The focus of this position is to meet and improve clinical key performance indicators.
The role is responsible for coordinating delivery of client services in accordance with Wurli policies and procedures. The position is guided by the CARPA standard treatment manual and applicable legislation and regulations. In addition to this the Outreach Services coordinator is required to supervise other RAHP’s / RN, visiting clinicians and contractors in the program and clinical areas.
The position is responsible for ensuring planning and supervision of daily duties, quality and assurance checks and audits are complete to ensure standards are met in accordance with the Australian General Practice Accreditation Limited (AGPAL) standards. They will assist with the preparation of associated reports and appropriate allocation resources within set budget guidelines.
- Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care or Bachelor of Nursing
- Minimum of 5 years broad clinical experience
- Previous experience in a clinical leadership or supervisory role
- Diploma in ATSI Primary Health Care Practice / Diploma in Nursing / or equivalent; or working towards other relevant qualification
- and /or Certificate IV Leadership and Management
- Previous experience in providing Primary Health Care services in the Katherine region or an AMS
- Fully Registered as ATSI Primary Health Practitioner or Nurse with Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- National Police Records Check and Working with Children’s Clearance
- Current BLS/ Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate (CPR)
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s License
- Vaccinated against COVID-19
For further details on the position please see the position description: Position Profile _Outreach Services Coordinator
Please ensure your application includes:-
- A completed online Employment Application Form
- A current resume of curriculum vitae (cv)
- A cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
- A current National Police Certificate (not less than 3 months old from date of issue)
- COVID-19 Certificate
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 08 8972 9129.