01 Jun Health Promotions Officer
The Health Promotion function is a part of Wurli Strategic plan and vision to develop and deliver a consistent approach to health promotion across all areas of the organisation for the Wurli wider community. Lead by a Health Promotion Coordinator this service unit will be required to work in a collaborative manner across the Primary Health Service and Community Services sector of our business to provide effective health promotion and education to our people.
The Health Promotion Officer role supports the Health Promotion Coordinator in the implementation of effective health promotion interventions and capacity building strategies in accordance with the priority health and wellbeing issues within the Katherine Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Work with the community to create and implement a one year program of events, activities and workshops to assist engage youth age (12-24’s) in looking after their health and welfare and that of the community
- Work in a community development context to develop, facilitate and implement youth inspired opportunities for safe, cultural, health and recreational activities with a focus on encouraging community life participation and connectedness.
For further details regarding this position please refer to the Position Profile _ Health Promotions Officer 1
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:-
- An understanding of Aboriginal Culture relevant to Katherine town and local communities
- Sound literacy skills including computer literacy
- Current National Police Records Check and Working with Children’s Clearance
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s License
To apply for this job please submit your online application to AnglicareNT at https://www.anglicare-nt.org.au/careers/.