09 Dec Health Promotions Coordinator
Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation delivering primary and clinical health care services to the Aboriginal people in Katherine and surrounding communities. Wurli prides itself on delivering a range of health services to the community in a style and manner that makes clients fell welcome and comfortable. Services include acute and general care, chronic disease, men’s health, alcohol and other drugs, social and emotional wellbeing and client support services.
Wurli has an opportunity for a suitably qualified Health Promotions Coordinator to join our team.
Reporting to the Primary Health Services – Systems Manager, the successful applicant will plan and develop/deliver a consistent approach to health promotions across all areas of the organisation. The role will be responsible for the fostering of a culture of health promotions across the organisation and the development and implementation of effective health promotion interventions and capacity building strategies in accordance with the priority health and wellbeing issues within the Katherine Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- The relevant qualifications and experience such as a Relevant Post Graduation qualifications such as “Master of Public Health”, or other compatible qualification / experience
- Preferably have previous experience working within the health industry health promotion capacity
- Sound training development, facilitation and review skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, organisations and community representatives in relation to the identification of training needs.
Wurli Wurlinjang Health Service offers a supportive and team orientated work environment and is committed to supporting professional development for their employees. In return for your commitment and dedication to our team you will receive an attractive base salary (negotiable based on your experience and qualifications) plus superannuation.
For more information regarding the position specifics please review the Position Profile _ (Position Profile _ Health Promotions Coordinator)
Please ensure your application includes:-
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (cv)
- a cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
- Current National Police Certificate (no less than 3 months from issue date)
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s License
- Current Working with Children’s Clearance (Ochre Card)
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
To apply for this job please submit your online application.