28 Feb General Practitioners
Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation delivering primary and clinical health care services to the Aboriginal people in Katherine and surrounding communities. Wurli prides itself on delivering a range of health and wellbeing services to the community in a style and manner that makes clients feel welcome and comfortable. Services include acute and general care, chronic disease, Women’s & Children health, men’s health, alcohol and other drugs, social and emotional wellbeing and client support services.
Wurli has an opportunities for a suitable qualified General Practitioner’s to join our team The role of the General Practitioner is to provide medical services to clients of the Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service and to contribute to the development and sustained operation of a multidisciplinary primary health care team. General Practitioners are expected to deliver medical services in accordance with Wurli policies and procedures, guided by CARPA standard treatment manual and applicable legislation and regulations and to ensure standards are met in accordance with the Australian General Practice Accreditation Limited (AGPAL)
Key requirements of service delivery include:-
- Provide culturally appropriate, evidence based clinical care to clients in collaboration with a team that includes Registered Aboriginal Health Practitioners, Registered Nurses and other allied health professionals.
- Provide education and clinical support to other team members.
- Deliver services in a manner that respect and honour clients as central decision makers in their health care.
- Complete community, home care, aged care and school educational visits as required.
- Maintained professional practice protocols.
- Liaise with regional Aboriginal agencies, community health clinics, hospitals, relevant government agencies and other appropriate staff to ensure clients have access to relevant services and programs as required.
- Actively encourage client/family/community to engage in practices conducive to optimising health.
- Participate in committees and working groups to support integration acute care.
Key features of the role:-
- Based in Katherine, Northern Territory
- Works alongside a dedicated primary healthcare and wellbeing teams. In so doing, demonstrates respect for other allied health professional roles.
- Supervision of training health professionals including but not limited to GP Registrars and Medical Students.
- An ordinary working week of 37.5 hours; Monday to Friday.
- Minimum annual salary of $190,000 annum plus superannuation
- Other benefits include:
- six weeks annual leave plus leave loading per annum
- one weeks paid special leave per annum
- 15 days personal leave per annum
- salary sacrifice arrangements available
- assist with accommodation
For further details regarding this position please refer to the Position Profile _General Practitioner 2018
To apply for this opportunity please visit www.wurli.org.au and select the ‘employment tab’. Whilst we do not require applicants to address specific selection criteria we do ask applicants to ensure that their resume and supporting cover letter contain information that addresses the key requirements of the role. Applicants must be fully registered to practice in Australia, via AHPRA, and provide evidence of their AHPRA registration with their submitted application.
To apply for this job please visit www.wurli.org.au.