14 May Family Home Visitor (Registered Nurse)
Wurli Wurlinjang Health Service has an exciting opportunities for individual who are currently registered with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse and are keen to join a team passionate about moving forward as one, to heal our people and improve our health.
This Registered Nurse position is based within our Wurli Wurlinjang Family Partnership Program (WWFPP). The Wurli-Wurlinjang Family Partnership Program (WWFPP) is a collaboration between the Australian Nurse Family Partnership Program (ANFPP) National Program Centre and the Commonwealth Department of Health and us, Wurli (the implementing organisation). ANFPP is an evidence-based home visiting program with a focus on early intervention and prevention of physical and emotional risk and issues for women pregnant with an Aboriginal and /or Torres Strait Islander baby. The program is voluntary for all eligible women and involves home visits during pregnancy until the child’s second birthday.
The Family Home Visitor (Registered Nurse) works with the Community Family Partnership Workers to provide a strengths based home visiting and education service to women pregnant with an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander baby and their families. The role, in partnership with the Community Family Partnership Worker is to foster culturally safe relationships with women pregnant with an Aboriginal and /or Torres Strait Islander baby and their families and promote high level engagement and successful program outcomes. This position maintains adherence to the ANFPP model elements required for Program outcomes (program fidelity), and observes the Wurli primary health care services policies and guidelines.
We are looking for a Registered Nurse who has a minimum of 2 years’ clinical experience, preferably with background in Maternal and child held. You need to be able to:-
- Demonstrate understanding of nursing processes and clinical expertise
- Build therapeutic relationships and maintain therapeutic boundaries
- Utilise sound problem solving techniques and negotiation skills in accordance with motivational and interviewing and behavior change theory
In return for your hard work and dedication, you’ll receive an attractive base salary (based on your experience) plus super.
With a strong focus on professional development, Wurli will provide you with ongoing opportunities for training and will invest in whatever is needed for your success.
A fantastic range of further benefits include:
- Salary sacrificing options;
- Generous leave entitlements (6 weeks annual leave, 15 days personal leave, 1 week special leave, study leave);
- Relocation assistance and a short term accommodation allowance is available for eligible applicants to help you get settle
For further details regarding this position please refer to the Position Profile _Family Home Visitor (WWFPP)
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (cv)
- a cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
- Current AHPRA registration
- Current National Police Certificate (no less than 3 months from issue date)
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s Licence
- Current Working with Children’s Clearance (Ochre Card)
To apply for this job please submit your online application.