04 Aug Exercise Physiologist
Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation delivering primary and clinical health care services to the Aboriginal people in Katherine and surrounding communities. Wurli prides itself on delivering a range of health services to the community in a style and manner that makes clients feel welcome and comfortable. Services include acute and general care, chronic disease, men’s health, alcohol and other drugs, social and emotional wellbeing and client support services.
The Exercise Physiologist will be responsible for working in conjunction with our multi-disciplinary teams in the delivery of culturally appropriate exercise physiology services to Wurli clients, incorporating a key focus on chronic disease self-management and rehabilitation. Key areas of responsibility will include; delivery, monitoring and coordinating exercise physiology services and lifestyle enhancement programs across the organisation and to mentor and educate other Wurli clinicians in the management of lifestyle enhancement techniques. In addition, this position will use exercise physiology knowledge and skills to develop health promotion and preventative programs to aid the prevention and control of chronic conditions using lifestyle modification programs.
The Successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:-
- ESSA (Exercise and Sports Science Australia) Accreditation
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the provision of high quality exercise physiology assessment, intervention and client tailored programs
- Previous experience of working in a primary health care setting, in particular as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- A comprehensive understanding of the health issues impacting the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people coupled with a strong commitment to improving their health outcomes
- Current National Police Records Check and Working with Children’s Clearance
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s Licence
For further details regarding this position please refer to the insert position profile Position Profile _Exercise Physiologist
To apply for this job please submit your online application.
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 08 8972 9129 or email