06 Feb Diabetes Educator
Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation delivering primary and clinical health care services to the Aboriginal people in Katherine and surrounding communities. Wurli prides itself on delivering a range of health services to the community in a style and manner that makes clients feel welcome and comfortable. Wurli operates a range of clinics and provides a range of primary health care and other services which include main clinic (acute and general care), Gudbinji Chronic Disease Clinic, Binjari Health Centre, Women’s and Children’s and Men’s Health.
Wurli is seeking a Registered Aboriginal Health Practitioner or a Registered Nurse with at least five years broad clinical experience to join our multi-disciplinary primary health care team as a Diabetes Educator. The Diabetes Educator will work closely with all programs to provide a comprehensive general practice service for the people with diabetes and their families. The Diabetes educator is required to be flexible, multi skilled and able to work with a diverse range of individuals, groups and community agencies. .
Wurli is looking for a Diabetes Educator who can demonstrate:-
- Credentialed Diabetes Educator status and current registration with Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) for their professional discipline
- Previous experience in providing chronic disease / diabetes care, and an accredited Diabetes Educator status is preferable or the willingness to obtain
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies and culture, including issues effecting regional communities
- Knowledge of Primary Health Care / CARPA standards/ RACGP/ISO 9001.
- Is passionate about improving the wellbeing outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people suffering from chronic disease
- Has a natural ability to work cohesively and productively within a team.
For more information regarding the position specifics please review the Position Profile _ Diabetes Educator
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (cv)
- a cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 8972 9195.
To apply for this job please visit www.wurli.org.au.