29 Oct Diabetes Educator (Credentialed)
Wurli is seeking a Registered Aboriginal Health Practitioner or a Registered Nurse with at least five years broad clinical experience to join our multi-disciplinary primary health care team as a Diabetes Educator. The Diabetes Educator will work closely with all programs to provide a comprehensive general practice service for the people with diabetes and their families. The Diabetes educator is required to be flexible, multi skilled and able to work with a diverse range of individuals, groups and community agencies. .
Wurli is looking for a Diabetes Educator who can demonstrate:-
- Current Credentialed Diabetes Educator status and registration with Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) for their professional discipline
- Previous experience in providing chronic disease / diabetes care, an accredited Diabetes Educator status is preferable or the willingness to obtain
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies and culture, including issues effecting regional communities
- Knowledge of Primary Health Care / CARPA standards/ RACGP/ISO 9001.
- Is passionate about improving the wellbeing outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people suffering from chronic disease
- Has a natural ability to work cohesively and productively within a team.
For more information regarding the position specifics please review the Position Profile _ (Position Profile _ Diabetes Educator.docx )
Applications can be submitted online or to . Please ensure your application includes:-
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (cv)
- a cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
- Current National Police Certificate (no less than 3 months from issue date)
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s Licence
- Current Working with Children’s Clearance (Ochre Card)
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 8972 9129.
To apply for this job please visit /employment-application-form" rel="nofollow">wurli.org.au.