08 Nov Dental Practitioner
Wurli received funding to expand their primary health care services and incorporate an oral health care system that will provide accessible Dental care to our clients. Wurli is seeking a suitably qualified Dental Practitioner who has a passion for indigenous health to join our primary health care team.
The role of the Dental Practitioner will be to provide a range of routine dental service to Wurli clients. Key areas of responsibility will include:
- managing primary oral health care;
- support delivery of oral health services to ATSI clients,
- relevant infection control protocols
- access to dental funding
- plan, manage, evaluate and report on oral health services
Key features of the role:-
- Based in Katherine, Northern Territory
- An exciting opportunity to be pivotal in the ongoing provision of optometry services for our indigenous people
- Work alongside a dedicated chronic disease/ multi-disciplinary health service team
- An ordinary working week of 37.5 hours; Monday to Friday.
- Other benefits include:
- six weeks annual leave plus leave loading per annum
- one weeks paid special leave per annum
- 15 days personal leave per annum
- salary sacrifice arrangements available
- training and career development opportunities including paid study leave provisions
- Relocation assistance (available for *eligible applicants)
- Short term assistance with accommodation (available for *eligible applicants)
*eligible applicants means not residing in or within a 100 km radius of Katherine.
Wurli is looking for an Dental Practitioner who:-
- Degree in Dentistry registrable with the Dental Board of Australia
- Preferably has as undergraduate or postgraduate training in areas relevant to Indigenous health, rural and remote health, community development, or similar.
- Is passionate about improving the wellbeing outcomes for Indigenous communities
- Has the ability to develop good working relationships with Aboriginal people, the community, health workers and others involved in eye health and vision care to Aboriginal people.
- Has a natural ability to work cohesively and productively within a team.
- Is keen to grasp a new opportunity and play a fundamental role in the set up and delivery of oral health services and sharing their knowledge with others?
For more information regarding the position specifics please review here Position Profile _Dental Practitioner
Applications can be submitted online or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure your application includes:-
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (cv)
- a cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 8972 9195.
To apply for this job please visit www.wurli.org.au.