06 Aug Dental Assistant
Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation delivering primary and clinical health care services to the Aboriginal people in Katherine and surrounding communities in a style and manner that makes clients feel welcome and comfortable. Services include acute and general care, chronic disease, alcohol and other drugs, social and emotional wellbeing and client support services.
Wurli decided a year ago to expand their primary oral health care services and incorporate a Dental care system that will provide accessible primary oral health care to our clients.
We are seeking a suitably qualified individual in Oral Health care to join our team as a Dental Assistant.
The role of the Dental Assistant will be:
- Provide high quality clinical and administrative assistant services
- Provide assistance to the Dental Practitioner to carry out dental procedures
- Prepare instruments for dental procedures, clean and maintain dental treatment equipment
- Ensure dental supplies are adequately stocked
- Complete reception duties, such as greeting clients, answering phone calls, coordinate appointments
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:-
- Cert IV in Dental Assisting and Oral Health Promotion or be willing to obtain
- An understanding of Aboriginal Culture relevant to Katherine Town and local communities
- Is passionate about improving the wellbeing outcomes for Indigenous communities
- Well-developed verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills
- Has a natural ability to work cohesively and productively within a team.
- Proven ability to be punctual, reliable and multi-task
- Values organised clean working environments
Key features of the role:-
- Based in Katherine, Northern Territory
- An exciting opportunity to be pivotal in the ongoing provision of oral health services for our indigenous people
- Work alongside a dedicated chronic disease/ multi-disciplinary health service team
- An ordinary working week of 37.5 hours; Monday to Friday.
- Other benefits include:
- six weeks annual leave plus leave loading per annum
- one weeks paid special leave per annum
- 15 days personal leave per annum
- salary sacrifice arrangements available
- training and career development opportunities including paid study leave provisions
For more information regarding the position specifics please review the Position Profile _ (Position Profile _Dental Assistant)
Applications can be submitted online or to . Please ensure your application includes:-
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (cv)
- a cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
- Current National Police Certificate (no less than 3 months from issue date)
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s Licence
- Current Working with Children’s Clearance (Ochre Card)
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 8972 9129.
To apply for this job please visit www.wurli.org.