03 Aug Dental Assistant – Community Liaison
Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation delivering primary and clinical health care services to the Aboriginal people in Katherine and surrounding communities. Wurli prides itself on delivering a range of health services to the community in a style and manner that makes clients feel welcome and comfortable. Services include acute and general care, chronic disease, men’s health, alcohol and other drugs, social and emotional wellbeing and client support services.
The Dental Assistant – Community Liaison position will provide the Dental Practitioner and the Dental Assistant (clinical) with a range of supporting administrative functions whilst providing front office (telephone and reception) services and client liaison services as necessary for the program.
This role is required to deliver culturally appropriate support for identified clients within the community, in accordance with the relevant service outcomes and act as a role model for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people by modelling appropriate healthy lifestyle behavior within a harm minimisation and reduction framework.
The role of the Dental Assistant – Community Liaison will also include:-
- Complete reception duties including greeting clients, answering the phone, coordinating appointments and referrals, ensuring client data is updated and uploaded into the electronic health record
- Providing assistance to the dental practitioner and dental assistant (clinical) to carry out dental procedures on clients
- Preparing dental instruments for sterilization in accordance with standard infection control procedures
- Using the electronic health record (Communicare) and dental practice management program (Titanium) for recording and reporting purposes
- Liaising with clients to coordinate their arrival for dental care and ease of access to referral services
For further details regarding this position please refer to the Position Profile _Dental Assistant and Community Liaison
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:-
- An understanding of Aboriginal Culture relevant to Katherine town and local communities
- Sound literacy skills including computer literacy
- Current National Police Records Check and Working with Children’s Clearance
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s License
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate.
Indigenous applicants strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please submit your online application.
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 08 8972 9129 or email