08 Oct Counsellor (Specialist Child Trauma and or Family Violence)
Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation delivering primary and clinical health care services to the Aboriginal people in Katherine and surrounding communities. Wurli prides itself on delivering a range of health services to the community in a style and manner that makes clients fell welcome and comfortable. Services include acute and general care, chronic disease, men’s health, alcohol and other drugs, social and emotional wellbeing and client support services.
Strong Indigenous Families is a program designed to assist address family violence in Indigenous communities as part of the National Plan to reduce violence against women and their children. The Program is based on a whole family approach to address the causes of family violence. The Counsellor / Child Trauma Therapist role is responsible for developing interpersonal relationships with the client (women and children) to enable them to develop self-understanding and to make changes in their lives within a framework that is culturally appropriate and trauma informed.
Ideally we are seeking candidates with the following
- A Diploma of Counselling or equivalent related qualification / experience
- Previous experience in the specialist area (AOD or Trauma Informed Counselling)
For more information regarding the position specifics please review the Position Profile _ (Position Profile _Counsellor (Specialist Child Trauma and or Family Violence)
Please ensure your application includes:-
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (cv)
- a cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
- Current National Police Certificate (no less than 3 months from issue date)
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s Licence
- Current Working with Children’s Clearance (Ochre Card)
To apply for this job please submit your online application.