25 Feb Community Support Worker – KISP
The Katherine Individual Support Program (KISP) is a program which provides an overarching collaborative case management approach with other key Katherine agencies to address the needs of people who struggle to achieve quality of life due to the impact of chronic ill health, addiction, social and emotional, and homelessness.
The Community Support Worker is responsible for providing a culturally sensitive support and assistance to our clients in order to improve their social and emotional wellbeing. Key components of the role at this level is to provide culturally safe therapeutic counselling intervention and prevention to individuals who are currently experiencing complex physical, social and emotional issues, this is achieved by working in partnership with individuals to identify goals that ultimately strive to promote independence, empowerment, connection to family, culture, spirituality, health and country
Key Service deliverables include:-
- Offering appropriate support to participants within a case management framework including referral and assessment, relationship building, appropriate interventions and establishing of community support
- In conjunction with the Program Coordinator prepare and develop treatment / case management plans
- Work in partnership with the individual client , linking the person with Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service clinical staff and other community programs, Venndale, Salvation Army Hub, Centrelink, Housing, StrongBala, Wellbeing Unit and other agencies within the community
Wurli is looking for a suitable motivate individual who can demonstrate:-
- Certificate IV in Community / Social Services; Certificate IV in Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care or equivalent experience
- An Ability to develop and cultivate sound community and client relationships and communicate sensitively and effectively with Indigenous people
- Sound awareness of basic case management principles
- Intermediate computer skills including the ability to use MS Office Suite (including Outlook) and Communicare or equivalent systems
- Current National Police Records Check and Working with Children’s Clearance
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s License
For more information regarding the position specifics please review the Position Profile _ (Position Profile _ Support Worker (Level 3)
Applications can be submitted online or to . Please ensure your application includes:-
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (cv)
- a cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
- Current National Police Certificate (not less than 3 months old from date of issue)
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 8972 9195.
To apply for this job please visit www.wurli.org.au.