29 Aug Community Support Engagement Officers
The Wurli Community Services team offer a range of programs that require passionate and motivated individuals who are keen to make a difference to the health and wellbeing our Communities. We currently have vacancy for Community Engagement Support Officers in the service programs :
The Community Engagement Support Officer role will be responsible for providing a culturally sensitive approach and assistance to our clients in order to improve their social and emotional wellbeing. Key components of the role will include assisting individuals, by addressing the obstacles that have impacted on their quality of life, as well as providing advocacy, support and linkages to other services to ensure the individual can access better health care, counselling and connection with family and country.
An example of the duties to be performed include:
- Provide culturally appropriate and interpretative support and assistant to clients, their family, the community and all other key stakeholders involved in the delivery of the specific service / program
- Build and maintain relationships based on trust and support and with our community members (existing and potential clients).
- Contribute to the planning, implementation, delivery, advocacy and evaluation
- Assist prepare and ensure activities are designed to meet the needs of the client and facilitate and support client engagement
- Assist facilitate and coordinate activities / events relevant to the service / program area education and promotion
- Actively participate in acquiring the skills and knowledge required to support the promotion, education and advocacy of the service / program area
Whilst qualifications are not essential, we are seeking an individual who can demonstrate:-
- A commitment to support our client and providing excellent client service
- Professional presentation
- Sound interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Sound knowledge of and respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Culture
- Basic computer skills including the ability to use MS Office Suite (including Outlook) and Communicare or equivalent systems
- Current National Police Records Check
- Working with Children’s Clearance
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s License
For further details regarding this position please refer to the position profiles attached to these links _ Position Profile _Community Engagement Support Officer
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 8972 9195.
To apply for this job please visit www.wurli.org.au.