14 Apr Community Engagement Support Officer – AOD
Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation delivering primary and clinical health care services to the Aboriginal people in Katherine and surrounding communities. Wurli prides itself on delivering a range of health services to the community in a style and manner that makes clients fell welcome and comfortable. Services include acute and general care, chronic disease, men’s health, alcohol and other drugs, social and emotional wellbeing and client support services.
The AOD Management program is funded to deliver and alcohol and other drug service targeting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people residing in the Katherine region and their families. The service is required to promote individual and community wellbeing and reduce substance abuse through the provision of holistic, culturally appropriate alcohol and other drug harm minimisation, education, treatment, rehabilitation and after care services.
The Community Engagement Support Officer role is responsible for the integration of cultural authority and culturally safe practices in assisting the program team deliver services to the community, by assisting to establish and maintain positive relationship with individuals, families and communities. The role is required to maintain a link between Wurli and their clients who are utilising our services and act as a role model for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people by modelling appropriate healthly lifestyle behaviours within a harm minimisation and reduction framework. Key service deliverables include:-
- Build and maintains relationships based on trust, support and growth with eligible individuals, their families, team colleagues and community members.
- Actively participates in Program education and acquire the knowledge and skills to support the ongoing provision of the Program.
- Introduces the program to prospective clients and provides advice to the team on issues that may positively influence the client’s experience within the program.
- Work within organisational and program policies to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
For further details regarding this position please refer to the position profile Position Profile _Community Support Worker (AOD)
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of Aboriginal Culture relevant to Katherine town and local communities
- Sound literacy skills including computer literacy
Applications can be submitted online or to . Please ensure your application includes:-
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (cv)
- a cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
- Current National Police Certificate (no less than 3 months from issue date)
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s Licence
- Current Working with Children’s Clearance (Ochre Card)
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate