14 Dec Clinic Coordinator
Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service is seeking a suitably qualified individual in primary health care services to join our team as a Clinic Coordinator, with Gudbinji (Chronic Disease) program. Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation delivering primary and clinical health care services to the Aboriginal people in Katherine and surrounding communities. Wurli prides itself on delivering a range of health and wellbeing services to the community in a style and manner that makes clients feel welcome and comfortable. Services include acute and general care, chronic disease, men’s health, alcohol and other drugs, social and emotional wellbeing and client support services.
The Clinic Coordinator will be responsible for the delivery of a high quality primary/acute care clinical program to program whilst meeting and improving clinical key performance indicators. The role is responsible for coordinating the delivery of client services in accordance with Wurli policies and procedures, guided by CARPA standard treatment manual and applicable legislation and regulations. In addition to this the Clinic Coordinator is required to supervise other clinical and support staff in their program area, ensuring planning and supervision of their daily duties, is responsible for quality and assurance checks and audits to ensure standards are met in accordance with the Australian General Practice Accreditation Limited (AGPAL) and assist with the preparation of reports and allocating resources within budget guidelines.
We are looking for a Registered Aboriginal Health Worker or Registered Nurse who has a minimum of 5 years’ clinical experience and preferably previous experience with supervising / leading a small team. The successful applicant will need to demonstrate:-
- Sound knowledge of Primary health care / CARPA standards/ RACGP/ISO 9001.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of indigenous societies and culture, including issues effecting indigenous people in contemporary Australian Society and knowledge of Katherine and surrounding communities
- A high level of communication skills and a demonstrated willingness and ability to represent the organisation externally, including managing and developing essential stakeholder relationships and partnerships
- Evidence of the essential qualifications for this position, those being a Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care or a Bachelor of Nursing.
For further details regarding this position please refer to the Position Profile _Clinic Coordinator
Please ensure your application includes:-
- a completed online Employment Application Form
- current resume of curriculum vitae (cv)
- a cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
If you have any queries regarding this position or would like further information please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 8972 9195.
To apply for this job please visit www.wurli.org.au.