15 Nov Child Health Nurse (Registered)
We currently have an opportunity for a post graduate qualified Child Health Nurse within our Women’s and Children’s program and will have a particular focus on child health and development to identify, plan and implement an effective care / program services to address the areas identified. As part of the primary health care team you will be responsible for delivering safe, high-quality clinical services, patient care, health promotion and education. Primary health care is directed and in line with the CARPA standard treatment manual and applicable legislation and regulations. Wurli nurses are required to Triage, assess clients, provide care planning, perform health screening assessment, administer medication, provide immunisations, assist with GP procedures as required and provide for other primary health care needs within your scope of practice and expertise. Our Registered Nurses are seen as pivotal in improving health outcomes for our community by contributing to and enhancing the management and prevention of poor health and providing mentor and clinical support training to other team members.
Key Features of the Role:-
- Based in Katherine, Northern Territory
- An Aboriginal Controlled Community Health Organisation
- Work alongside a dedicated and passionate multi-disciplinary team who focus not only on acute care but prevention.
- Rural town based services that do not require excessive travel nor on call services
- An ordinary working week of 37.5 hours; Monday to Friday.
- Committed to supporting continued professional development
In return for your hard work and dedication, you’ll receive an attractive salary based on your experience and any other professional development undertaken in specialised areas of primary health care, plus superannuation.
A fantastic range of further benefits include:
- Salary sacrificing options;
- Generous leave entitlements (6 weeks annual leave, 15 days personal leave, 1 week special leave, and other national standard entitlements);
- Relocation assistance is available for eligible applicants to help you get settled
- Strong focus on professional development.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:-
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Post Graduate qualifications in Child / Family Health or Master of Nursing (Child and Family Health)
- AGV certification or Understanding Vaccines and the National Immunisation Program (SA)
- Current AHPRA Registration
- Current Criminal History Check
- Working with Children Clearance
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in clinical nursing practice
- Previous experience in working in a cross cultural service environment, particularly in Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander health care
For further details regarding this position please refer to the Position Profile _ Child Health Nurse
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 8972 9195.
Whilst we do not require applicants to address specific selection criteria we do ask applicants to ensure that their resume and supporting cover letter contain information that addresses the key requirements of the role. Applicants must be fully registered to practice in Australia, via AHPRA, and provide evidence of their AHPRA registration and qualifications with their submitted application.