08 Nov Case Manager – AOD
The Wurli Community Services team aims to achieve better outcomes in early intervention, treatment and management of mental health and other social and emotional wellbeing concerns for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people through an integrated approach in a primary health care setting.
Wurli currently has an opportunity for an experienced Case Manager in the areas of Alcohol and Other Drugs to join our team. The Case Manager is a pivotal role in the delivery of health and wellbeing services and provides a professional linkage between Wurli, individuals, families and communities to establish and maintain positive relationships. The Case Manger is predominantly responsible for the delivery of client assessment and the development and ongoing monitoring of client case /care plans. In addition to this the Case Manager must ensure that the program provides holistic, person centered and culturally appropriate case management, education advocacy and therapeutic services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals, families and groups in accordance with the requirements of the program specific funding agreement.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:-
- Relevant qualifications and / or experience (Such as a Certificate IV in Community Services / Counselling or equivalent other relevant qualification or experience)
- Minimum of two years case management experience, preferably in the areas of AOD and / or Social and Emotional Wellbeing
- Experience in a variety of interventions and ideally experience in the delivery of basic therapeutic / counselling services
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies and culture, including issues affecting communities
- Current National Police Records Check and Working with Children’s Clearance
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s License
Wurli Wurlinjang Health Service offers a supportive and team orientated work environment. In return for your commitment and dedication to our clients and our service you will receive an attractive base salary (negotiable based on your experience and qualifications) plus superannuation.
With a strong focus on professional development, Wurli will provide you with professional supervision and ongoing opportunities for training and development.
A fantastic range of further benefits include:
- Salary sacrificing options;
- Generous leave entitlements (6 weeks annual leave, 15 days personal leave, 1 week special leave, study leave);
Applications for this opportunity can be submitted online or to email@example.com.
For further details regarding this position please refer to the position profile Position Profile _ Case Worker
Please ensure your application includes:-
- a completed online Employment Application Form
- current resume of curriculum vitae (cv)
- cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
- If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 8972 9195.
To apply for this job please visit wurli.org.au.