08 Jan Psychologist
The Wurli Community Services team aims to achieve better outcomes in early intervention, treatment and management of mental health and other social and emotional wellbeing concerns for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people through an integrated approach in a primary health care setting. The Wurli Community Service s stream has a range of programs incorporating culturally safe and holistic intervention, education and treatment, these include:-
- The Social and Emotional Wellbeing Project
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Management Program
- Strong indigenous Families (Family and Domestic Violence)
- Katherine Individual Support Program; and
- Strongbala Justice Program
Wurli in partnership with PHN NT is a provider of Mental Health Services in Rural and Remote Areas (MHSRRA) Program, in Katherine (an Australian Government initiative for the provision of short-term evidence based mental health services for people living in rural and remote areas with mental illness). This program is part of our Social and Emotional Wellbeing team and has an opening for a registered and experienced Psychologist.
The Psychologist will be responsible for delivering high level psychological services to our clients. This includes the provision and facilitation of culturally appropriate assessment and treatment of clients suffering from mental illness and/or psychological distress in accordance with contemporary models of mental health care. In addition to the clinical component of this role, the psychologist will contribute to the delivery of culturally appropriate social and wellbeing activities that incorporate community development, education and engagement activities.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:-
- Degree of Psychology
- Registered with AHPRA
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the provision of psychological services
- Current National Police Records Check
- Working with Children’s Clearance
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s License
- Ideally be able to demonstrated knowledge of current issues, standards and trends and relevant legislation guiding clinical practice in the delivery of mental health and social and emotional wellbeing services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
For further details regarding this position please refer to the Position Profile _Mental Health Professional MHSRRA
Please ensure your application includes:-
- a completed online Employment Application Form
- current resume of curriculum vitae (cv)
- a cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
If you have any queries regarding this position or would like further information please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 8972 9129.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.