10 Apr Psychologist
Psychologist (Mental Health Professional)
The Wurli Community Services stream has a range of programs incorporating culturally safe and holistic intervention, education and treatment, these include:-
- The Social and Emotional Wellbeing Project
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Management Program
- Strong indigenous Families (Family and Domestic Violence)
- Katherine Individual Support Program; and
- Strongbala Justice Program
Wurli is in partnership with PHN NT, a provider of Mental Health Services in Rural and Remote Areas (MHSRRA) in Katherine. The MHSRRA Program is an Australian Government initiative for the provision of short-term evidence based mental health services for people living in rural and remote areas with mental illness. This program is run by our Social and Emotional Wellbeing team and has an opening for a registered and experienced Psychologist.
The Psychologist will be responsible for delivering high level psychological services to our clients. This includes the provision and facilitation of culturally appropriate assessment and treatment of clients suffering from mental illness and/or psychological distress in accordance with contemporary models of mental health care. In addition to the clinical component of this role, the Psychologist will contribute to the delivery of culturally appropriate social and wellbeing activities that incorporate community development, education and engagement activities.
Applicants must have:-
- A Degree of Psychology
- Be Registered with AHPRA
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the provision of psychological services
- A current National Police Records Check
- A current Working with Children’s Clearance
- A Current Northern Territory Driver’s License
- The ability to demonstrate knowledge of current issues, standards and trends and relevant legislation guiding clinical practice in the delivery of mental health and social and emotional wellbeing services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
For more information regarding the position specifics please review here Position Profile _Mental Health Professional MHSRRA
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 08 8972 9129
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.