08 Apr Optometrist
Wurli decided a year ago to expand their primary health care services and incorporate an eye care system that will provide accessible primary eye health care to our clients. Wurli is seeking a suitably qualified Optometrist who has a passion for indigenous eye health to join our primary health care team. In developing this service we are proud to acknowledge a very strong working partnership with the Fred Hollows Foundation. The Fred Hollows Foundation’s vision is to see a world where no person is needlessly blind and Indigenous Australians exercise their right to good health.
The role of the Optometrists will be to provide a range of routine optometry service to Wurli clients. Key areas of responsibility will include monitoring and coordinating all vison related services across the organisation and to mentor and educate other Wurli clinicians in diagnosis and management of comment eye problems. This position will be involved in and guide patient education and health promotions in regard to eye health and provide acute eye care. The successful applicant will provide and facilitate culturally appropriate eye and vision care services for Wurli clients; incorporating diagnosis, treatment, referral to Ophthalmology and management of patients’ eye care referral pathways. Working as part of the broader Primary Health Care team of Wurli, support initiatives that encourage the prevention of avoidable vision loss for clients.
Key features of the role:-
- Based in Katherine, Northern Territory
- An exciting opportunity to be pivotal in the ongoing provision of optometry services for our indigenous people
- Work alongside a dedicated chronic disease/ multi-disciplinary health service team
- An ordinary working week of 37.5 hours; Monday to Friday.
- Other benefits include:
- six weeks annual leave plus leave loading per annum
- one weeks paid special leave per annum
- 15 days personal leave per annum
- salary sacrifice arrangements available
- training and career development opportunities including paid study leave provisions
- Relocation assistance (available for *eligible applicants)
- Short term assistance with accommodation (available for *eligible applicants)
*eligible applicants means not residing in or within a 100 km radius of Katherine.
Wurli is looking for an Optometrist who:-
- Has completed Tertiary qualification in optometry, with valid registration to practice optometry in Australia, a therapeutic endorsement would be an advantage
- Preferably has as undergraduate or postgraduate training in areas relevant to Indigenous health, rural and remote health, community development, or similar.
- Is passionate about improving the wellbeing outcomes for Indigenous communities
- Has the ability to develop good working relationships with Aboriginal people, the community, health workers and others involved in eye health and vision care to Aboriginal people.
- Has a natural ability to work cohesively and productively within a team.
- Is keen to grasp a new opportunity and play a fundamental role in the set up and delivery of optometry services and sharing their knowledge with others?
For more information regarding the position specifics please review here Position Profile _Optometrist
Applications can be submitted online or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure your application includes:-
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (cv)
- a cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 8972 9195.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.