04 Jul Exercise Physiologist
Wurli is in the process of implementing a new and exciting role within our existing Chronic Disease Program and is looking for an Accredited Exercise Physiologist to join the team.
The Exercise Physiologist will be responsible for working in conjunction with our multi-disciplinary teams in the delivery of culturally appropriate exercise physiology services to Wurli clients, incorporating a key focus on chronic disease self-management and rehabilitation. Key areas of responsibility will include; delivery, monitoring and coordinating exercise physiology services and lifestyle enhancement programs across the organisation and to mentor and educate other Wurli clinicians in the management of lifestyle enhancement techniques. In addition, this position will use exercise physiology knowledge and skills to develop health promotion and preventative programs to aid the prevention and control of chronic conditions using lifestyle modification programs.
Key Service Deliverables will include:-
- Assessment of our chronic disease client needs
- The provision of follow up monitoring and care as directed through health assessment, GP Management Plans (GPMP) or Team Care Arrangement (TCA)
- The development of tailored individual exercise program for such clients
- Develop, implement and evaluate evidence-based strategies and innovative resources to support client services delivered
- In collaboration with other health professionals manage the establishment and day to day running of appropriate chronic disease self-management programs
- Develop, review and deliver a broad range of ‘lifestyle enhancement activity programs’ throughout the service , consisting of but not limited to physical activity, diet & nutrition, smoking, drinking , prevention of falls, mobility aid assessments and regular health checks
- Delivery off in-house education sessions to other health service staff.
In return for your expertise and contribution to our clients wellbeing Wurli will offer an attractive base salary (based on your experience) plus superannuation. You would be expected to work an ordinary working week of 37.5 hours Monday to Friday. Wurli also offers a range of further benefits which include:
- Salary sacrificing options;
- Generous leave entitlements (6 weeks annual leave, 15 days personal leave, 1 week special leave); and
- Relocation / accommodation assistance is available for eligible applicants
- The Successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:-
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- ESSA (Exercise and Sports Science Australia) Accreditation
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the provision of high quality exercise physiology assessment, intervention and client tailored programs
- Previous experience of working in a primary health care setting, in particular as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- A comprehensive understanding of the health issues impacting the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people coupled with a strong commitment to improving their health outcomes
For more information regarding the position specifics please review the Position Profile _Exercise Physiologist.
Applications / Expressions of interest for this opportunity can be submitted online or to email@example.com. Please ensure your application includes:-
- A current resume of curriculum vitae (cv)
- a cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 8972 9195.
To apply for this job please visit www.wurli.org.au.