06 Dec Counsellor
Wurli’s has experience a time of significant growth in it Social and Emotional Wellbeing programs over the last 12 month and is currently looking for a qualified, passionate and dedicated Counsellor to join our Community Services Team. The Wurli Community Services stream has a range of programs incorporating culturally safe and holistic intervention, education and treatment, these include:-
- The Social and Emotional Wellbeing Program ( Mental Health)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Management Program
- Strong Indigenous Families (Family and Domestic Violence)
- Katherine Individual Support Program; and
- StrongBala Justice Program
The role of a Counsellor in this area of our service is to provide holistic, person centred and culturally appropriate case management, education, therapeutic services and advocacy for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals, families and groups. Counsellors in our team provide program specific, wrap around and trauma informed therapeutic support focusing on building and supporting safety in the community by addressing stressors for social and emotional wellbeing.
Key service deliverables for counsellors in our team include:-
- The delivery of culturally appropriate counselling / therapeutic services such as cognitive behavioural therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, narrative therapy, play therapy and other relevant therapies to clients on a needs identified basis
- Actively assist with the development of treatment plans / case management processes that are client focused
- Ensure interventions developed to address client needs are clearly linked to an appropriate treatment plan, which is continuously monitored and evaluated for effectiveness
- Provide for skill development in clients in the areas of coping mechanisms, mediation, conflict resolution, anger management, grief and loss and health promotion and awareness.
- Design and deliver group counselling activities and workshops and wellbeing promotion as required.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:-
- Relevant qualifications the minimum being a Diploma on Counselling or equivalent
- Minimum of three years counselling experience in a specialised area of service
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies and culture, including issues affecting communities
- Current National Police Records Check
- Working with Children’s Clearance
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s License
For further details regarding this position please refer to the Position Profile _Counsellor (Community Services _ Generic)
Applications for this opportunity can be submitted online or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure your application includes:-
- a completed online Employment Application Form
- current resume of curriculum vitae (cv)
- a cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 8972 9195.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.