21 Feb Counsellor / Social Worker (AOD)
The Wurli Community Services team aims to achieve better outcomes in early intervention, treatment and management of mental health and other social and emotional wellbeing concerns for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people through an integrated approach in a primary health care setting. The Wurli Community Services stream has a range of programs incorporating culturally safe and holistic intervention, education and treatment, these include:-
- The Social and Emotional Wellbeing Project
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Management Program
- Strong indigenous Families (Family and Domestic Violence)
- Katherine Individual Support Program; and
- Strongbala Justice Program
Wurli’s Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) team is seeking a Degree Qualified Counsellor / Social Worker who is specialised in AOD counselling and competent in the delivery of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). The position is required to deliver specialised AOD counselling and service to those clients specifically identified through the Community Corrections offenders. The purpose of this role is to assist Wurli strengthen our holistic and culturally appropriate services using strength based case management and trauma informed practice to assist the clients to achieve their harm reduction of abstinence goals.
Wurli Wurlinjang Health Service offers a supportive and team orientated work environment and is committed to supporting professional development for their employees. In return for your commitment and dedication to our clients and our servicers you will receive an attractive base salary (negotiable based on your experience and qualifications) plus superannuation.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:-
- Relevant qualifications Diploma or Degree depending in AOD area
- Minimum of three years counselling experience in a specialised area
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies and culture, including issues affecting communities
- Current National Police Records Check and Working with Children’s Clearance
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s License
For more information regarding the position specifics please review the Position Profile _Counsellor (Community Services _ Generic)
Applications can be submitted online or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure your application includes:-
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (cv)
- a cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 8972 9195.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.