28 Jun Case Worker (Justice)
Wurli is seeking a Case Worker to join the StrongBala Justice Project team. Strongbala Justice is a program designed to focus on supporting Aboriginal men to break their personal cycle of involvement with the justice system and to make strong contributions to their own lives, their families and their culture and communities. The Case Worker (Justice) role is responsible for ensuring an action based and integrated service response to indigenous males from Katherine and surrounding communities referred to the program by a range of justice agencies Support officers are required to deliver culturally appropriate support and referral service for identified clients and work closely with the men to build their understanding of the social, health and personal choices / reasons that impact on their offending and to assist them develop the skills and knowledge they need to improve in their lives.
Key requirement of the role include:
- A Certificate III in Community Services / Employment Services / Social Services Sector or equivalent relevant experience
- An ability to provide appropriate support to participants within a case management framework including intake, referral and assessment, relationship building, appropriate interventions and establishment of community support.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Legal / Justice Sector including role, context, legislation, regulations, policies, principles and philosophies, societies effecting indigenous people.
- An ability to facilitate sessions with small groups on topics relevant to the StrongBala personal development program such as:-
- Health and wellbeing
- Life skills
- Employment and job skills
- Reconnecting to family and community
- A current NT Driver’s License
In return for your hard work and dedication, you’ll receive an attractive base salary (based on your experience) plus superannuation.
A fantastic range of further benefits include:
- Salary sacrificing options;
- Generous leave entitlements (pro rata for project period:- 6 weeks annual leave, 15 days personal leave, 1 week special leave); and
- Relocation / accommodation assistance for the project period is available for eligible applicants to help you get settled
For more information regarding the position specifics please review the Position Profile _ Case Worker.
Applications / Expressions of interest for this opportunity can be submitted online or to email@example.com. Please ensure your application includes:-
- A current resume of curriculum vitae (cv)
- a cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 8972 9195.
To apply for this job please visit www.wurli.org.au.